Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyParkinsonsTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
December 15, 2016
 · 
Reactions
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member

Hi everyone. This is Dave responding. There are a lot of theories being thrown around about what causes PD and probably some "snake oil" being marketed as a cure for PD. I think we need to do everything we can to stop or slow down the progression of the condition in ourselves and not tie ourselves up in knots hoping for a cure. Exercise, a balanced diet, reduce stress as much as possible and rest and sleep when you can. And don't let this condition define who you are. Enjoy life as much as possible and the people the Lord has put into your life, and most importantly pray. God bless you all.

December 15, 2016
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member

AndyBooth, this is Dave responding. All the PD experts, if there really is a PD expert, will tell us that PD will not kill us. However, the physical complications that go along with PD might kill us. My attitude is I am not going to worry about anything that might kill me in the future. I am not going to let PD define who I am. I am a very competitive person and I am not going to let PD defeat me. Betty Blue is a tough little "biker chick" who has the same attitude. We are going to kick PD's butt, no matter what. English "biker chicks" are tough and I am glad she is on my team. God bless you.

December 16, 2016
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member

@A MyParkinsonsTeam Member. Yes, I have heard talk about being able to reverse Parkinson's from doctors. I don't believe it because at this point it's not possible. We don't have the cure yet, but when we do the whole world will know about it. And it will be costly. The truth is the truth and the truth is...nothing is happening with Parkinson's that could be called a cure yet. Thanks for your question. Sterling

December 15, 2016
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member

Be honest with everyone. As far as these rumors about these miracle cures for pd. I try not to listen to. I just figure when it happens my doctor will let me know as soon as possible. Are maybe he won't because he will be losing a lot of money. lol

December 17, 2016
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member

Sterling2, this is Dave. I agree with you 100%. It is sad that there are so many crooks out there who prey on people who are either sick or gullible. There is no "fountain of youth" and there is nothing that will make us young again. We all must learn to age as gracefully as possible and learn that there is nothing wrong with old age as long as we feel reasonably good. I know a lady with MS who lives at Bixby Towers in Long Beach, the place my wife plays the piano for the sing-a-longs, who has the most beautiful smile and the best attitude ever. She has accepted her condition and refuses to keep her from doing the things she can do with her condition. She is a real "Unsinkable Molly Brown". Merry Christmas to you and your family. God bless you.

December 16, 2016

Related Questions

View All
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member asked a question 💭
Sierra Vista, AZ

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In