Hi I'm sure I have read somewhere that there is something that you can have fitted in your brain / head that helps eradicate the shakes and tremors that come with Parkinson's disease. Does anyone know about it that can explain in more detail, have had it fitted, and how you go about having it done and who you need to speak to. Hope this makes sense. Thanks in advance. Xx. Asking for my dad who has this condition, he doesn't have access to the internet and this lovely site for support xx
It's called DBS Deep Brain Stimulation, quite a complex procedure, but there's a lot of people who have had the procedure and will speak to you about their experiences of it, Gavin Tomlinson
@A MyParkinsonsTeam Member Cheers 🎉👏🏻 For another successful PD story! I love Mike and Ike‘s!
It is called DBS. I have eight stimulators implanted in my brain, they run down the side of my neck and connect to a battery pack on the right.side of my chest. You continue to take your medication and the battery pack is on all the time....it stimulates your brain along with the medication to help you “act normal“ without tremors. Your doctor will set the frequency and strength of the stimulator to work with your medication.
Thank you lovely xx