Actually Actually I had withdrawals from Mirapex not Amantadine Amantadine does make me sleepy during the day. And it constipates me. An it does seem to extend the effects of carbidopa levodopa. If you go off of Amantadine you need to do it gradually very slowly. And be careful of large doses.
Exactly...I have to have some form of it in me To the day I breathe my last breath. Because. It causes coma. And suicidal ideations If I try to get off it. In other words. It will try to kill me or have me kill myself.
I've been taking 100mg 3x's/day for 4 yrs now. There was a short interval where I backed off to twice daily due insomnia. I noticed the difference in my gait, so I went back to 3x's/day. Over the past year, I've been having more & more issues with dystonia, so I recently started the ER version as a last-ditch-effort to avoid DBS surgery.
I am waiting till March for specialist appointment at Vanderbilt. Why didn’t your other Drs refer you to their neurologist ? While you were already in their system? Just interested, this waiting seems to be the hardes portion of acceptance of our new normal. Thanks.let’s talk n share, seems to give some new encouragement.
No i wasnt clear, thank You for helping me clarify.:)