My brother had his surgery just about a year ago. He’s three younger and was diagnosed about 8 years before I was. I have Parkinson’s but my symptoms have been under control with medication.
October 4, 2025
Deep Brain Stimulation (DBS) is a well-established treatment option for Parkinson's disease that involves surgically implanting electrodes in the brain and a device similar to a pacemaker in the chest to help control electrical signals. Many MyParkinsonsTeam members have undergone this procedure and frequently discuss their Show Full Answer
Deep Brain Stimulation (DBS) is a well-established treatment option for Parkinson's disease that involves surgically implanting electrodes in the brain and a device similar to a pacemaker in the chest to help control electrical signals. Many MyParkinsonsTeam members have undergone this procedure and frequently discuss their experiences.
DBS can help improve motor symptoms and overall mobility, leading to better daily functioning and emotional well-being. The stimulation can be adjusted to target different areas of the brain depending on individual symptoms and needs. Common side effects that others have reported include:
• Lightheadedness
• Speech difficulties
• Numbness or tingling
• Balance problems
• Muscle tightness in arms or face
• Changes in mood
It's important to note that experiences with DBS can vary significantly from person to person, and many find that the benefits outweigh the potential side effects.
October 1, 2025
not yet, good luck with ecovery
October 4, 2025
But I couldn't function without it
October 1, 2025
I get all the side effects.
October 1, 2025