Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyParkinsonsTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member asked a question 💭
Toronto, ON

Lately I've had a really stiff neck. I used to get a lot of neck pain and stiffness, at the back of my neck, due to a whiplash 30 years ago, but now the stiff muscles and pain are at the sides and front of my neck as well. Might this be from Parkinson's or L-Dopa?

October 8, 2015
 · 
Be the first to react
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member

Fascinated by the botox comments . How does it stop the tremors and pain ?

February 14, 2016
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member

my husband gets botox injections in the area - back of neck muscles, shoulder blades - and BIG stretch exercises/therapy helps. check it out with your neuro if he can give you injections in that area - it can be given every 3 months and is covered by medicare plus secondary insurance.

February 13, 2016
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member

I'm relieved to know the Botox works!

October 27, 2015
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member

i just got my botox shots today, let me tell you it feels great not to feel like youre carring a monkey on your shoulders daily.

October 27, 2015
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member

GenovevaGalvez. Thank you for your input...really! It is very difficult to see someone else having problems, when you've (me) have always been the one with the illness and don't know the answer to their problems and pains. I can relate to horrific pain and I finally found something that helps me. I'm so glad the injections are helping you. I sincerely thank you that you responded to my old post, because it still matters. God Bless you and may you be having a good day!

October 27, 2015

Related Questions

View All
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member asked a question 💭
Grand Rapids, MI

A MyParkinsonsTeam Member asked a question 💭
Woking on Sea UK

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In