Have not started taking medication yet. Sometimes when I wake up I hear loud noises or see someone that is not there. It goes away in a few seconds. Does anyone else have this problem?
@A MyParkinsonsTeam Member @A MyParkinsonsTeam Member Thanks for this post foggers. It made me think about how my hallucinations had improved when I faced my fears and gained knowledge about what was happening to me. It still happens and I hate it with a passion when it does but I do believe we can rewire our brains and retrain our reactions. Knowledge gives us some control back. Im also very open about my brain snaps as my best friend calls them and I think that helps too. Strangely my best friend became my friend due to a brain snap when I knocked on her door at llpm asleep mid terror!
Knowing that it's a trick of the brain can be the start of learning to manage it. I hope you get the help you need.
People with PD can experience various kinds of fleeting hallucinations, sometimes when going to sleep or sometimes when waking up. They can be auditory, or visual or sometimes even tactile. Some PD meds can also cause these symptoms, so I think it is important to tell the doctor who is treating your PD that you are having these experiences, as it may have a bearing on what is prescribed for you. My husband gets a kind of "waking dream" experience, just as he drifts of the sleep, we can be chatting and he will suddenly say something that is completely out of context but relates to dream images he is getting ( with closed eyes rather than open). But we have both noticed that when he is tired, or in low light conditions he can get some mild visual tricks going on ( e.g. seeing things moving around on a brightly patterned carpet).
I used to see holograms behind my eyelids'talking heads and newspapers stories( none of which I could read)They just vanished after a year of so.No idea why they came or why they left!One of the many mysteries of PD
Thank you so much. Started feeling a little crazy. @A MyParkinsonsTeam Member