Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyParkinsonsTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member asked a question 💭
Concord, NC

Has anyone had success with gluten free diet reducing PD symptoms?

February 4, 2017
 · 
Be the first to react
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member

I have gone gluten-free and dairy free. due to digestive issues and it has made a world of difference. I basically follow a Mediterranean diet with good results.
🌈TheaD

February 13, 2023
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member

That was one of the first things my doctor told me to do. Cut out the gluten. My oldest daughter is gluten intolerant and she was trying to get pregnant so her doctor told her to stop eating gluten (she has PCOS). My youngest daughter and I cut down on gluten to support my oldest. My doctor told me to completely cut gluten after I was diagnosed with PD. It has helps but I also know when I have eaten gluten.

February 8, 2017
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member

My PD doctor did say that it would help if I has other issues like stomach problem but since I did not he didn't recommend it. I hope being gluten free continues to help you.

February 16, 2017
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member

I went gluten free a few years ago before I was diagnosed with Parkinson's as I was having lots of stomach problems fatigue and very foggy brain .. Iall those symptoms went away so I stayed gluten free...I felt I had nothing to lose trying it....

February 16, 2017
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member

I asked my PD doctor if he thought being on a gluten free diet would help with PD. He didn't feel that it would help.

February 16, 2017

Related Questions

View All
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member asked a question 💭
Wisconsin Dells, WI

A MyParkinsonsTeam Member asked a question 💭
Williamsport, PA

A MyParkinsonsTeam Member asked a question 💭
Rocky Mountain west

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In