Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyParkinsonsTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member asked a question 💭
Montreal, QC

My PD worsen I feel weak and faint

June 17, 2017
 · 
Reactions
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member

I tend to sweat like crazy in the summer. Never did prior to PD. Cold doesn't bother me much except for the purple mottling on my skin ( a side affect of Amantadfine) gets worse.
Julianne

June 18, 2017
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member

When it's hot it's normal for us to feel weak. You have to stay
In a cool place. Do not worry. Drink plenty of water and move slower

June 18, 2017
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member

I guess difference ppl has difference reaction to heat. The heat (or directly under the sun longer) really makes me slower and hence the symptoms worsen and the cold seems to keep me more stable but my core (body) has to be warmed though. I'm still not willing to give up golf yet even though I'm terrible at it. So, I'll wear a cap to avoid direct sunlight and also try to avoid "hot" temp without ventilation/air flow.

July 5, 2017
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member

My PD disappears when it's hot.. we don't have much hot weather in the UK so we travel so that I can keep warm....I use a hot tub every day....when the weather is cold I can't stop shivering

July 4, 2017
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member

Yes, the hear fatigues me.

June 20, 2017

Related Questions

View All
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member asked a question 💭
Montreal, QC

A MyParkinsonsTeam Member asked a question 💭
Woking on Sea UK

A MyParkinsonsTeam Member asked a question 💭
San Francisco, CA

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In