Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyParkinsonsTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member asked a question 💭
Cairns, AU

I suffer from terrible apathy, anxiety, agitation and pain/cramps. As I’m unable to take a lot of the prescribed meds, especially ones regarding pain, depression, muscle relaxants etc. I find Valium helps tremendously with the cramps, pain, agitation and aniexty. The cramps are especially painful and I’m now getting them in places I’d never thought possible in the past, but even where I’d normally get cramps - they seem ten times more painful! My doctor isn’t keen on me using it too often but I… read more

April 22, 2018
 · 
Be the first to react
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member

My sister had some of these symptoms. She has included cannabis oil in her medical treatment with great success. She lives in a state with legal medical cannabis. Check with your doctors.

April 29, 2018
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member

I suffer from these also. I take Lexapro for depression and lorazapam (1 mg) for anxiety and restless leg.. I usually take lorazapam three or four times a week.. just one tablet. I also take Tramadol for pain from arthritis and fibromyalgia. I experience apathy also. I refuse to take an opioid as long as I can bare the pain. I take Mirapex, Carbidopa/Levodopa 25-100 mg and Amantadine 100 mg for Parkinsons.

April 25, 2018
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member

It helps with tremor and dyskenisia but it can affect your speech

April 25, 2018
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member

I use Valium once or twice a week when I get dyskinesia. Only 5mg. It helps. It does make me sleepy.

April 23, 2018
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member

Thanx Carol. Sadly cannabis oil is avaliable to us yet but im lvingbin hope 💕

April 30, 2018

Related Questions

View All
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member asked a question 💭
Barnegat, NJ

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In