Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyParkinsonsTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member asked a question 💭
Jonesborough, TN

I do not have Parkinson's but my husband does. He has been diagnosed about between 6-8 years. Can anyone tell me why every night after dinner he goes to sleep. Nothing seems to be able to keep him awake. He loves TV but he's out after dinner. Sometimes he sleeps up to an hour and a half. I don't won't to berate him or appear to be fussing. I just miss my old friend.
Thank you for reading. Cissy

January 23, 2023
 · 
Reactions
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member

I completely agree that you should talk with his specialist before making any change! I’m sorry I didn’t make that clear. Always consult the doctor first. Some meds can have very bad side effects if you mess with them!

January 26, 2023
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member

He may just be affected by his meds. Does he take them around that same time? Most PD meds cause sleepiness. May you could change his schedule a little?

January 25, 2023
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member

I'm only 48 years old and every day at about 3:00 o'clock I feel like I could take a nap. This is taking a little bit of adjustment but my wife and I seem to be getting through it.

January 25, 2023
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member

Thank you for responding. I guess I will just deal with each issues as it comes my way. I'm a trooper and very strong so - "so far so good."

January 24, 2023
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member

I go through phases and I'm currently in one where I go to sleep every evening after supper nothing on TV seems to hold my interest but I miss sitting and visiting with my husband too cuz I sleep for an hour or so then get up and go to bed crazy

January 24, 2023

Related Questions

View All
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member asked a question 💭
Lincoln, UK

A MyParkinsonsTeam Member asked a question 💭
hollister_d@yahoo.com

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In