Recently my Dad over the last few months have had a hard time getting up in the morning. He does not want to get up. His mouth is shut. His eyes are shut, and he is stiff. There has been times we have not been able to give him his 1st dose until 1pm/2pm. Has anyone experience this issue with a loved
one with Parkinson’s? At this point, it is getting a little scary. Once he take his 1st dose, he is good to go. Any advice, guidance, and ideas is greatly appreciated. He currently takes 3 sinement 3… read more
i am on carbolevodopa and gamapentin. i take these meds on a regular schdule. i set my phone for times meds are due. still have some stiiff mornings and days but more better ones
Thank you WTodd. I’m thinking that he may have to take meds 4 times a day. I started keeping track to see if there is a pattern. I appreciate the help.
Thank you for the advice. I don’t know what stage my Dad is in. For my Dad it seems that he is in a deep sleep and we cannot wake him up. We try to find windows to give him the 1st dose of sinement and once we give it to him he wakes up. Have you experienced that or has caregivers experienced it?
Hi! My husband with PD was always a morning person before his health started declining. Now there are some days that he sleeps for 18-20 hours. His MDS said that’s fine but he has to take his Sinemet on schedule (he takes 2.5 pills four times from 6 am to 6 pm and then an extended one at 10 pm). It seems to be helping. He’s definitely most stiff and shaky first thing in the morning. I hope you and your dad hang in there!