Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyParkinsonsTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member asked a question 💭
Burlington, KY

I have and it is simple and easy but a challenge that is getting a bit easier for me each day. I finished the work for day 4 today. I don't feel any permanent or long term benefits yet but I'm going to hang in there for 30 days and see where that takes me. How about you?
Maria

December 2, 2023
 · 
Reactions
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member

Hey guys, you don't get off that easy. With exercise, you can do as much or as little as your body will allow. The only bad exercise is no exercise. We have all heard, if you don't use it, you lose it. And it doesn't matter if you are tall or short, weak or strong, new to exercise or an natural athlete, any movement is better than no movement.

Truly, our bodies produce dopamine (the happy hormone) naturally when we move and even more if we have a little fun doing it or maybe even laugh at ourselves and our amateur attempts. You don't have to use that software, you can try the flex and stretch movements while you are sitting. I posted the instructions on this site last week. Please move safely just a little and let me know how it goes, ok?. Believe me something is better than nothing when it comes to movement. Let's try and be angry with me later for being right. You can be right tomorrow. lol!
Maria

December 2, 2023
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member

No. I am short

December 2, 2023
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member

Ginny, I agree with all you said. I'm using ear plugs with a fairly long cord so I can put the phone on a table while I walk around the table. It's working for now while I try to come up with a better system.
Maria

December 2, 2023
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member

I think I am going to try it for 6weeks. Ok

December 2, 2023
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member

No, you can find it free in the Google App Store- Walking Tall (even for height challenged folks) 😊and even I could manage it so it can't be complicated or technical, I promise.
Maria

December 2, 2023

Related Questions

View All
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member asked a question 💭
Albuquerque, NM

A MyParkinsonsTeam Member asked a question 💭
Cherry Hill, NJ

A MyParkinsonsTeam Member asked a question 💭
Tampa, FL

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In