Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyParkinsonsTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.

I am so afraid of seriously hurting myself really bad. I jump out of bed and crash into walls and furniture. I’ve put 2 softball size holes in my bedroom walls and busted many nightstands lamps. VA has me on many medications. This RBD and Parkinson’s is really taking a toll on me and my wife. I’m really having a hard time keeping my spirits up when this keeps making my life miserable. My wife is the best caregiver a person could have but I get so short tempered at her for continually telling do… read more

August 31, 2024
 · 
Reactions
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member

GregTimp...I'm not sure I answered your question about acting out when asleep ...as a Social Worker with PD, I have heard from reputable sources that it is not uncommon for folks with PD also to scream or talk to them when they sleep...this occurs when we are in REM
(Rapid Eye Movement) sleep...
this is when we dream...I would think that your Doctor is aware of this symptom...🤠

September 4, 2024
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member

All the VA neurological team are trying different approaches. I’m so terrified that I’m loosing control of me. I don’t even like or recognize what I have become

August 31, 2024
MyParkinsonsTeam

Hi Greg, I'm sorry to hear about your struggles. Rapid Eye Movement (REM) Sleep Behavior Disorder (RBD) is indeed common in people with Parkinson's disease. It can cause erratic movements during sleep, such as kicking, screaming, and jumping out of bed. This can make sleeping unsafe for you and your partner. It's important Show Full Answer

Hi Greg, I'm sorry to hear about your struggles. Rapid Eye Movement (REM) Sleep Behavior Disorder (RBD) is indeed common in people with Parkinson's disease. It can cause erratic movements during sleep, such as kicking, screaming, and jumping out of bed. This can make sleeping unsafe for you and your partner. It's important to discuss these symptoms with your doctor to find ways to manage them and improve your sleep hygiene.

August 31, 2024

Related Questions

View All
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member asked a question 💭
Newington, CT