Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyParkinsonsTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member asked a question 💭
Stoke-on-Trent, UK

This is two months' worth of tablets, not including the magnesium supplement, valerian root (for sleep) and generic painkillers (paracetamol, ibuprofen). It makes me anxious just looking at it, especially as I am now struggling to release all the stupid pills from the hardest foil packaging in the world, meaning I have to set aside a couple of hours a week to put them all in pill dispensers I can open easily when I need them...because of course when I need them is when my hands are working… read more

November 2, 2024
 · 
Reactions
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member

Oh I agree so much. Why do they put the medicine for the people like us who need it so much in the hardest packaging my husband just died of cancer, and his medicine was a hardest thing to open, and now mine that I shake my hands shake so bad. I can’t open most of my medicine. I agree with you, my friend it’s such a bitch.🥴

November 2, 2024
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member

Personally I'd be a little more calm about it if I was older...but at just 58, and having dealt with this stupid disease for ten years now, I'm just a bit pissed off with it all...

November 8, 2024
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member

I do my husband’s pils for the week, when I started taking over this job, and I call it a job because that is exactly what it is, I was overwhelmed, I was afraid I was going to screw things up, but I have gotten better, it only takes me about a half hour now to get them sorted and in the weekly tray, I do need a cheat though! It also seems like I am always getting texts from the pharmacy saying we have a rx to pick up, never ending ! Hope everyone has a good day. It’s my birthday today!!!

November 3, 2024
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member

Do mine weekly, but have other issues must take meds for ! Feel like a walking pharmacy at 62!!!!!

November 2, 2024
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member

Hi Nigel2 I can relate. I always prefer not to take pills. Esting healthier & exercise. I wish that would be enough.

November 2, 2024

Related Questions

View All
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member asked a question 💭
Graford, TX

A MyParkinsonsTeam Member asked a question 💭
Woking on Sea UK

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In