Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyParkinsonsTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member asked a question 💭
Ider, AL
November 10, 2024
 · 
Reactions
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member

When I forget where to put the key in

November 10, 2024
MyParkinsonsTeam

When considering whether to stop driving due to Parkinson's disease, here are some symptoms and situations to watch for:

- Frequent Close Calls: Near-miss accidents or frequent minor collisions
- Difficulty with Multitasking: Struggling to manage multiple tasks while driving, such as using turn signals and checking Show Full Answer

When considering whether to stop driving due to Parkinson's disease, here are some symptoms and situations to watch for:

- Frequent Close Calls: Near-miss accidents or frequent minor collisions.
- Difficulty with Multitasking: Struggling to manage multiple tasks while driving, such as using turn signals and checking mirrors.
- Slow Reaction Times: Delayed responses to traffic signals, pedestrians, or other vehicles.
- Getting Lost: Becoming disoriented or lost on familiar routes.
- Feedback from Others: Concerns expressed by family, friends, or healthcare providers about driving safety.

Always consult with a healthcare provider for personalized advice.

November 10, 2024
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member

It varies per individual. Many of the reasons that are listed can happen to any individual with an illness or not. The joke here in AZ is that turn signals have not been invented yet. Just because a signal is on or not doesn't mean that driver will turn or not. Comprehensive driving means you drive for them and yourself. Expect them not to do as their signal is claiming. Once they make the turn you can believe what they will actually do.

People are crazy drivers here. They drive too fast and cut in and out with no concern to the traffic around them.

65 miles per hour is the limit, the average is 80, or you're a hazard on the freeway.

I will add more later.

November 13, 2024
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member

I think that it is totally a very personal thing- but for me - I drive locally because my hands go numb after driving long distances and my hands tend to festinate when I am making slow left-hand turns- but other than that I drive fine-- ( knock on wood)

November 12, 2024
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member

I get lost once in a while, started using map app. I keep it on "just in case"
I go to work an hour earlier than I used to do there's not so many bright lights & I keep my console dark. It helps

November 10, 2024

Related Questions

View All
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member asked a question 💭
Ider, AL

A MyParkinsonsTeam Member asked a question 💭
Ider, AL

A MyParkinsonsTeam Member asked a question 💭
Wilmington, NC

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In