Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyParkinsonsTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member asked a question 💭
Bellefonte, PA

Most of my symptoms are non-motor so I often don't appear to have Parkinson's disease other than the fact that I use a walker or cane.

June 30, 2025
 · 
Reactions
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member

Awesome response.
Nancy has been accused of not having PD. Happened decades ago. What I told the nosey rose was, dang you should open a practice. Folks at time's are without the truth of how you must be an advocate for your self.

June 30, 2025
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member

All the time one person said I didn't look like I had Parkinson so I asked her what does it look like

June 30, 2025
MyParkinsonsTeam

It's completely normal to feel frustrated when others don't understand your invisible Parkinson's symptoms. Many people with PD experience this challenge. Here are some helpful coping strategies:

• Stay focused on the present moment rather than dwelling on others' lack of understanding
• Connect with a therapist who can Show Full Answer

It's completely normal to feel frustrated when others don't understand your invisible Parkinson's symptoms. Many people with PD experience this challenge. Here are some helpful coping strategies:

• Stay focused on the present moment rather than dwelling on others' lack of understanding
• Connect with a therapist who can help you process these feelings
• Join local PD support groups where others truly understand what you're going through
• Remember that you don't need to justify or explain your symptoms to everyone Having a positive attitude while acknowledging that some days will be harder than others can help. Remember that you'll have good days and not-so-good days - this is normal. Focus on maintaining your strength and doing what you can each day. Most importantly, know that you aren't alone in dealing with these challenges.

June 30, 2025

Related Questions

View All
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member asked a question 💭
Harrisburg, PA