Thank you for your reply. I think it would worth it. I have an appointment at Vanderbilt in Nashville in February. I’m going to talk them about it. I know many men from Huntsville Al that has had it done there. UAB in Birmingham is the other location. The men were in the Rock Steady boxing at Parkingson’s Dynamic’s. Which is a great place for people with Parkinson’s’
Thank you again,😊
DBS is definitely worth having done but you still need to take a lower dose of levo and not every 4 hrs my husband only took 3 times a day, my husband had it done and enjoyed 12 years of help if it wasn’t for it he would be in a horrible stage I experienced that twice because the battery needed to be replaced it happened suddenly, he was shaking and arms ,legs everything out of control, I think wit my experience it’s worth to have it done ,also I have a friend that had it done 13 years ago and still working for him, good luck
Is deep brain stimulation (DBS) worth having to avoid taking carbidopa/levodopa every 4 hours?
It's understandable to want relief from the constant medication schedule. However, it's important to know that DBS typically doesn't eliminate the need for medications entirely—it usually reduces the amount needed and can help Show Full Answer