Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyParkinsonsTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member asked a question đź’­
Tahlequah, OK
December 31, 2025
 · 
Reactions
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member

The swelling head part sounds serious, serious enough to go to ER ... don't want to take a chance there, too many horrible options there!!! For just headaches, B2 helps with migraines and helps nutrient uptake from slow digestion, win/win for PD!!! But of course check with doctors about this first, I'm just suggesting to ask drs!!! Big Prayers for both of you 🙏

December 31, 2025
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member

I agree about seeing a doctor ASAP.

Could he be dehydrated? I was visiting family recently and didn't drink much water there. The heat was on non-stop as there was a lot of coming and going in the house. The combination of hot dry air and insufficient liquid meant I woke up every morning with a huge headache. It went away after drinking a few cups of coffee.

December 31, 2025
MyParkinsonsTeam

What can help with severe headaches and a feeling of brain swelling in Parkinson's?

Severe headaches and sensations of brain swelling aren't typical Parkinson's symptoms, so it's really important to contact a neurologist or healthcare provider right away. These symptoms could indicate something that needs immediate medical Show Full Answer

What can help with severe headaches and a feeling of brain swelling in Parkinson's?

Severe headaches and sensations of brain swelling aren't typical Parkinson's symptoms, so it's really important to contact a neurologist or healthcare provider right away. These symptoms could indicate something that needs immediate medical attention.

If someone with Parkinson's has recently had deep brain stimulation (DBS) surgery, complications like bleeding in the brain or infection could cause these symptoms and require urgent care.

Some Parkinson's medications can cause side effects that might contribute to discomfort, including:
- Lightheadedness
- Numbness or tingling
- Muscle tightness
- Changes in mood

A healthcare provider can evaluate whether medication adjustments might help, but don't change or stop medications without medical guidance.

In the meantime, keep track of when these headaches occur, how long they last, and any other symptoms. This information will be valuable for the medical team.

Please seek medical attention promptly, especially if the headaches are new, worsening, or accompanied by confusion, vision changes, or difficulty speaking.

December 31, 2025
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member

I feel the same... I have headaches every morning but I also get headaches that feel like my brain is swelling/trying to burst my skull open. Those are the days I take ibuprofen or something for pain. Since I also have a brain tumor I have regular MRI's done to be sure it's not growing/swelling.

I don't want to minimize it... I think your dr or er is best bet since we are all so different. I simply wanted you to know that I, also, have this symptom. Since I have dystonia, too, I get botox shots (in neck, head, throat, shoulders) regularly which has helped me immensely with the pressure headaches. I had also had a ticking noise at the base of my skull on and off for years - the botox injections keep that away for me, too

January 7

Related Questions

View All
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member asked a question đź’­
Lilburn, GA

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In