Today my wife in hospital day 6 my daughter stays w her. I have been on my own I can not emphasize exercise dr appointments monthly proper diet taking pills on time. And really understanding your limitations everyone but me surprised but why I train and trained for being self reliant. My wife’s cancer needs all of our care mine too. I’m her caregiver not a handicapped disabled person. All kidding aside aside be strong for yourself. I have toxic encephalopathy overdosed sniffing glue do not process things properly not an excuse anymore after 25 years dropping the rock I’m here to support her. Ps sniffing glue bad for your health
Make sure you have some back-up if one or both of you become unable to manage your affairs. Do you have a family member who could help out? Look into Assisted Living and home health care in your area to find out your options when you need help with daily tasks.
What can we do as a couple with pd?
Absolutely! Many couples navigate Parkinson's together, and their experiences are a big part of the MyParkinsonsTeam community. Whether one partner has PD or both are affected in some way, the journey is very much a shared one.
A MyParkinsonsTeam member put it beautifully: caregivers and partners often become invisible in Show Full Answer