Anyone else find it hard to just even text in here, I have to fix my typing constantly or everyone will think I am drunk or speaking in tongues
😂
Answer Summary
Members connected over the shared struggle of texting with Parkinson's, reassuring one another that nobody would judge typos or autocorrect... Read more
CindyA2 ,
Well it's good to hear from you again . I use a combination of one finger text and my voice command , sometimes it's spot on and other times I have to go through and make corrections . Especially the last few days , because my tremors have been a little out of control lately . I'm hoping to get back to normal soon whatever normal is for you , me , and everyone else who is inflicted with Parkinson disease . I think it might have to do with packing up the whole house 🏠 , and then having to unpack everything , so I can cook not to mention eat . Again it's good to hear from you , keep me in your prayers 🙏 and soon I'll be back to myself and we can continue our journey with Parkinson disease . Love you guys ❤️ and keep fighting for yourself ..... 🤍
I have begun to rely almost 100% on voice type. I have told those people that I text quite frequently to expect that there may be some errors in spelling or punctuation, but they understand. I think that the software is used to my voice now so I don't have a lot of mistakes. I simply cannot text using even the one finger method. It became very frustrating until I started using the voice type. I would suggest exploring that. I use it on my phone and also a tablet. God bless.
I use the microphone on the app to do my typing.I'll be hitting so many keys and won't say nothin
It's hard to type well with Parkinson's since you don't have the dexterity you once had, but it's not impossible. It just takes me 3 times as long to get correspondence out than it use to = cuts into my pickleball time!!!! I've used the microphone but you definitely 'must proofread what you said because the microphone has a mind of it's own sometimes and types things you wouldn't repeat to your 'Priest'!! Some mic programs are better than others. AI technology is not fail-proof yet!!..........Ken Posey
One finger typing baby the way to go