Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyParkinsonsTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member asked a question 💭
Boca Raton, FL

I never thought of my self as creative. Since I was diagnosed and a couple of years before I was diagnosed, I just can't seem to get enough of painting, card making, making jewelry, pottery, etc. I read somewhere that some patients felt that their meds made them more creative.

March 28, 2016
 · 
Reactions
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member

Thanks for your answer. I was weaned off Mirepex and the results were not pretty. I was anxious and depressed. I went back on Mirepex in order to get my life back. If I have to be addicted to something, creativity and arts and crafts wouldn't be a bad thing. But you are right, the agonists are horrible drugs and I hate having PD but it's the hand I was dealt. Just trying to make lemonade out of lemons.

March 31, 2016
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member

I began writing poetry and getting my first Bolok of poems ready for publication. I started it as therapy as I was loosing my words and train of thought, so I used poetry to put words together and rhyme them. I never thought about the creativity thing tho.

March 29, 2016
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member

yes, Dopamine agonists, those satanic drugs, cause immense feelings of creativity,,,especially with words,,,its hard to see how its related, but trust me it is...

my advice> tell your doc to wean you off it asap,especially if you are engaging in addictions .

March 30, 2016
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member

Definitely, but possibly because I have now retired and have more time.

March 30, 2016
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member

since having Parkinson's I have had a creative surge that I never thought I would ever have. I love to make flower arrangements, mosaics, dressmaking, and my garden is not just a garden, it is a collection of bits and pieces that I have gathered along my journey through my life and my arts and crafts that I do. and before Parkinson's I never had any interest

March 28, 2016

Related Questions

View All
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member asked a question 💭
Pitman, NJ

A MyParkinsonsTeam Member asked a question 💭
Lilburn, GA

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In