Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyParkinsonsTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
November 15, 2016
 · 
Be the first to react
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member

There really wasn't any "terrible" part. Taking the stitches out was uncomfortable, but it was expected. A couple of weeks after installing the box my team turned it on. That was incredible. You could almost believe that you were normal, It took some time to get the settings right, but it was only a matter of fine tuning. Some people react better than others. It is a procedure that I would highly recommend for those who qualify.

November 20, 2016
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member

I had DBS nearly 2 years ago had I not had the operation I would not be on half the meds no tremors and diskelisia
If the consultants feel you can have the op embrace it go with the flow

November 16, 2016
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member

I had DBS done in June 2015. The procedure itself was not bad. The results are great. The freezing, start hesitation, and other issues have disappeared. I am still taking medication (Rytary) which is a new extended form of Leva/Carba. I have had diagnosed PD about 15 years. I would hughly recommend this. .

November 20, 2016
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member

My DBS haas done wonders for me. It controls my tremors completely and no. More dyskinesia since I'm not taking all the melds I used to take . That was in 2004 and still have the same results today. Good luck

November 20, 2016
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member

@A MyParkinsonsTeam Member my movement specialist and I talked about it several times before I made the decision to have the surgery. The main reason for having the surgery for me was because the Levadopa was causing me to have severe dyskanesia in my neck and shoulders. I am 62 yrs old and have had Parkinson's for almost 10 yrs. I want to do all I can to keep going and hopefully this will help.

November 17, 2016

Related Questions

View All
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member asked a question 💭
Fulton, MO

A MyParkinsonsTeam Member asked a question 💭
West Palm Beach, FL

A MyParkinsonsTeam Member asked a question 💭
Gloucester Point, VA

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In