Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyParkinsonsTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member asked a question 💭
Fulton, MO

I am starting the process of deciding whether to have DBS surgery. It scares me a bit. Can I please have some feedback from those who have or have had this procedure, the good And the bad. I would like your true opinions please.

February 23, 2023
 · 
Be the first to react
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member

i had it done in 2019 it was incredible. tremors stopped completely

March 1, 2023
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member

I had DBS done in 2020 and it's been an incredible benefit.

February 25, 2023
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member

My husband had the Dbs I believe it was 2014 it completely stopped his tremors
It has come along way since then my husband believes if that is the only thing it helped it was well worth it
The tremors suck and effected his ability to eat and many other things
It is not a cure but does help with the symptoms hope this answer helps a little

February 24, 2023
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member

Thank you

February 24, 2023

Related Questions

View All
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member asked a question 💭
Southwest MO

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In