Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyParkinsonsTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member asked a question 💭
Montreal, QC

The cold weather affects me a lot. I am more stiff.

January 7, 2017
 · 
Reactions
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member

I'll have to agree with you about the cold. I am very active in outdoor activities, and I love ice fishing but lately it seems to more difficult dealing with my symptoms getting worse than it is enjoyable. I have PD since I've been 43 and it's only been the last year or so that the cold weather has been affecting me. But, that's it, not giving in to PD. and certainly not giving up fishing.

January 11, 2017
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member

I totally agree Manon

January 7, 2017
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member

I don't think it's the cold. it's the lack of sunshine and enforced inactivity...

January 22, 2017
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member

Especially the cold days with precipitation [freezing rain] where the cold dampness seems to penetrate the house.

January 14, 2017
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member

Oh my yes, I seem to be in more pain and I lose feeling in finger tips.

January 14, 2017

Related Questions

View All
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member asked a question 💭
Montreal, QC

A MyParkinsonsTeam Member asked a question 💭
Woking on Sea UK

A MyParkinsonsTeam Member asked a question 💭
Jarrettsville, MD

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In