Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyParkinsonsTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.

Every time my MDS tries to wean me off Mirepex, I get anxious. Anyone had success getting off this drug?

January 30, 2018
 · 
Reactions
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member

@A MyParkinsonsTeam Member As far as I know, dyskinesia caused carbadopa/levodopa not Mirepex. Amantadine and Gocovri will get rid of dyskinesia but they had horrible side effects, at least for me. Contact @A MyParkinsonsTeam Member on this site for info on using Apomorphine (not morphine) with a Go/Go Pump. It's approved in Ireland but not in USA.

April 27, 2022
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member

No it’s not that cardlady and I don’t know how you would decide it terrifies me

April 29, 2022
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member

@A MyParkinsonsTeam Member
I think I know what you are referring to... is it done by ultrasound and developed by a company in Israel? If it's the same technique, it was originally developed to treat Essential Benign Tremor and I think it's now being used for DBS too. The only thing I read is that if they make a mistake, it's irreversible while regular DBS, they can correct mistakes. This is a terrible decision for me to have to make. I'm so scared and undecided. They don't know what they're doing and I don't want to be their guinea pig.

April 29, 2022
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member

I am currently trying to handle dyskinesias wh are severe. i had eliminated my
am Sinemet cr dosage with "miraculous" results ... with carefree functioning, but by the second or third pm dosing I was often dyskinetic...
my 6 mo neuro visit resulted in an amantadine prescription...then, all hell broke loose...now off, amantadine per neurology clinic..still.trying to reduce side effects of Sinemet. Experimenting with reg release, then cr release. is my trial today.
Exploring nutro? pump as an option, looking into laser brain surgery wh is not offered locally...I'm 79, too old for DBS, don't want it...

April 27, 2022
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member

Good to know you're taking even less of it @A MyParkinsonsTeam Member. Hope the sinemet works for you. Take care.

March 9, 2018

Related Questions

View All
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member asked a question 💭
Asheville, NC

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In