Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyParkinsonsTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member asked a question 💭
Nhill, Victoria

I have noticed over the last few month's that I have been clenching my teeth at nightime when I go to bed. Has any body else experienced this?

April 16, 2018
 · 
Reactions
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member

I have the mouth piece i wear at night. I clench my teeth very tight but have dine this for for mote years than i have .been on my PD med since 2012

April 18, 2018
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member

@albatross I have that problem.I've also bitten my tongue and cheek. There is a fairly expensive solution. It involves having. a plastic insert made to protect you from grinding. My dentist suggests it.btw I sometimes suddenly snap my teeth together.

April 18, 2018
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member

I do that, i even seem to be clenching during the day.

April 29, 2018
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member

I don't have Parkinson's personally my 81 year old mom Ann has it an she realized to her jaw was hurting an realized she was clentching it shut

April 20, 2018
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member

I have done it since diagnosed with PD, I have 3 cracked teeth from it. It’s a real pain and annoying to the max. God Richly Bless you.

April 19, 2018

Related Questions

View All
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member asked a question 💭
Boston, MA

A MyParkinsonsTeam Member asked a question 💭
Taylors, SC

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In