Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyParkinsonsTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member asked a question 💭
Jersey Shore, NJ

Hi all, hope you're all doing ok or better.

I just started getting headaches after using carbo-levodopa for about a year. Is anyone else experiencing this and if so what are you using for pain relief?

Best Regards- Phil

February 23, 2023
 · 
Be the first to react
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member

I experience headache every time I take carb/levo i don't take meds for this because I take too many meds I try to relax and rub my chines with Vicks vapor up.In my country PR we resolve much of the health concerns with Vix.Traditionally it has a psychological effect.

February 23, 2023
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member

I get mild headaches after taking my dose each time, especially later doses, but they are mild enough that they fade away after a short period so I just ignore them.

February 23, 2023
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member

I have been on C/L for 21 months when I started getting really bad headaches I never had headaches before this. They sent me for a brain MRI it came back normal however my doctor suggested I go on mayo Clinics website and look up cluster headaches so I found out that is what I have. I hope you don't have this because it is more painful than a migraine headache. It is not fatal but I haven't found anything that helps.

May 16, 2023
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member

I spoke to my neurologist and he feels the headaches are being caused by tense shoulder muscles and not C/L side effect.

February 24, 2023
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member

Hi Colete. the headache is mild to moderate and it affects my whole head. I also get neck and shoulder aches. Interesting idea about heating the feet, I haven't tried that. It's getting to be a "wack a mole" situation.

February 23, 2023

Related Questions

View All
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member asked a question 💭

A MyParkinsonsTeam Member asked a question 💭
Lilburn, GA

A MyParkinsonsTeam Member asked a question 💭
Jefferson City, MO

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In