There are several 'mainstream' diets that help to achieve a variety of goals. Below are a few of these
Ketogenic: A low carb diet, high in fat and moderate to high in protein. This diet aims to shift the bodies source of energy from sugar (glucose) to fats or ketones because these are considered more efficient fuel that may protect the brain from inflammation. However this diet limits nutrient-rich and vitamin rich fruits and vegetables while relying on unhealthy fats. Small research studies… read more
Thanks for you feedback. I'm so happy you learned early on about the interaction between C-L and protein. I learned 2 yrs after starting C-L but am on the right track now.
I agree, no changes should be made without a discussion with your doctor. This info is for knowledge only that can be used to support your discussion with your health care provider and is not a recommendation.
Maria
I was advised by a nutritionist when first diagnosed that the better methods of eating for PD are either a Mediterranean diet or one high in Omega 3-6-9 fats versus a protein rich diet The reason is because some of the PD medications are impacted by protein. I was told to schedule my meds an hour-2hrs apart from protein intake if possible. But, as with other aspects of the disease everyone is different, the best thing to do is talk to your doctor about a nutritionist referral.