Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyParkinsonsTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member asked a question 💭
Arkansas Ozarks
September 26, 2023
 · 
Reactions
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member

Thanks for asking this question and for the great responses. I'm not familiar with the term dedicated meditation, please tell me more Robert.
I do pray/meditate in the morning. I often practice guided imagery often but randomly and I always wind down, release my pain and frustration through meditation before bedtime each night. I find this is one thing I can be consistent with because it doesn't require my body to participate and it always help lift my spirit and relaxes my mind.
Maria.

September 27, 2023
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member

Good question Robert. For those of us unfamiliar with this term, I found the following info on Google:
Mindfulness requires us to be aware of what's around us and how our bodies feel. Meditation is a practice that reels in our thoughts to calm the mind. These two terms are similar because they both aim to help our well-being, but while one encourages awareness, the other works to create singular thoughts. Aug 19, 2022
David, have you noticed fewer trips, falls or less time feeling unstable or fearful since you are more mindful in general rather than at a specif[c time?
I would guess so. I'm going to try to be more intentional about being mindful in general and see what happens. Not joke or mockery intended. This makes sense to me to do this routinely and intentionally rather than limit it to moments of meditation.
Maria

September 30, 2023
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member

I try and go for walks and pray and meditate while walking

September 26, 2023
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member

I have meditation time in early morning, and if I can stay awake I do it at bedtime,

September 26, 2023
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member

no i haven’t..

September 26, 2023

Related Questions

View All
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member asked a question 💭
Flat, AK

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In