Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyParkinsonsTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
April 19, 2024
 · 
Reactions
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member

I often do not have the energy or ability to exercise. However I did take BIG PT for PD I found a 2 volume "LSVT BIG Homework Helper" on Amazon. Many of the exercises are moderate and some sitting.

April 19, 2024
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member

I do dishes dishwasher enter and exit Them and put them up in the cabinets. Helps my wife out to she works still..

April 20, 2024
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member

If you can, yes. I've found it works best if I say, "Let's do this together." My husband dislikes exercise for exercise sake, but he does like to do things around the house or camper, so he gets some movement. But he won't go downstairs and ride the bike or do his Big exercises unless we do it together.

April 19, 2024
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member

I'm having trouble with that and my mom also. She graduated from PT about a month ago and has a membership to a group PT center. But we are trying to finish her apartment addition to my house and she gets so down when the contractor isn't there working. I think it's mainly depression. But I know (and she does too) that she will feel so much better if she exercises.

April 19, 2024

Related Questions

View All
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member asked a question 💭
Horn Lake, MS

A MyParkinsonsTeam Member asked a question 💭
Cherry Hill, NJ

A MyParkinsonsTeam Member asked a question 💭
Guilderton Western Australia