Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyParkinsonsTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member asked a question 💭
Mahwah, NJ

Vague DAT scan.

April 27, 2024
 · 
Be the first to react
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member

That's what I always tell my son wn he makes dinner, pls give me a small portion, if I want more, I'll take it, bcs sometimes, if I see too much food on the plate, I don't even want to eat.

April 28, 2024
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member

You start to stiffen and maybe a twitch in your arms or legs

April 27, 2024
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member

Most neurologists go by symptoms and by the person's response to carbidopa-levodopa. Sometimes it takes time for symptoms to worsen to an extent that make it more obvious whether someone has PD or another Parkinsonism. There is a skin test that says whether or not someone has Parkinsonism (including PD) but it is new so probably not widely available yet.

April 27, 2024

Related Questions

View All
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member asked a question 💭
Mahwah, NJ

A MyParkinsonsTeam Member asked a question 💭
Jacksonville, NC

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In