Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyParkinsonsTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member asked a question 💭
Wheeling, WV
May 20, 2024
 · 
Reactions
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member

I just had DBS surgery in February this year. My neurologist had been ademate that it's the best path to take. I spoke with my surgeon and was feeling good about my decision. I was diagnosed young and symptoms were progressing, I want to live life to the fullest and DBS is giving me that opportunity. I still have freezing when walking short distances, but LSVT physical therapy has been helpful. LSVT is mentally and physically challenging. I would recommend the surgery, I'm off levidopa, which is amazing. I'm sure you'll know if it's right for you.

May 20, 2024
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member

I have interviewed many individuals and did podcast where the people I interviewed for awareness discuss it if you ever want to see them. Thanks! Head to www.togetherforsharon.com I do this all voluntary and do not accept a thing except that everyone knows you are never alone in this fight for a cure

Together For Sharon | Parkinson’s Awareness
Together For Sharon | Parkinson’s Awareness
May 22, 2024
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member

Yes I had mine done in 2018 and it’s a wonderful difference.

May 21, 2024
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member

My husband had DBS surgery in 2011. His life was improved. He was able to walk, take care of himself, go to work. We are very happy with DBS and recommended to many PD patients. Till today we didn't have to increase his dose. 😊

May 21, 2024

Related Questions

View All
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member asked a question 💭
Panama City Beach, FL

A MyParkinsonsTeam Member asked a question 💭
Panama City Beach, FL

A MyParkinsonsTeam Member asked a question 💭
Gloucester Point, VA

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In