Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyParkinsonsTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member asked a question 💭
Pitman, NJ

I take Dose 1 when I get up.
An hour later, I want/need to sleep more.
Anybody?

November 6, 2024
 · 
Reactions
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member

As long as I'm busy I don't feel sleepy. Otherwise if sitting doing nothing I will go to sleep.

November 7, 2024
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member

My husband doses off each time he sits down.

November 6, 2024
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member

Just as all the other freedoms PD denies us, in time, the anger wanes, we just swallow it, deal with the next barrier……and the next….

November 29, 2024
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member

Hi Andi, I’m back with an update on my previous comment. Trying different ways to get a healthy sleep pattern. I changed my entire attitude about sleep. I decided to try acceptance of when my body told me I needed to sleep. My life is now a series of naps which at times is almost comical. My wife has found me sitting in my chair asleep holding my phone and I had fallen asleep in the middle of writing something. The other thing is that it has been so long since I’ve actually watched a movie on. Netflix because I fall asleep within 20 to 30 minutes into the movie. The real benefit of this is it is such a relief
not trying to manipulate and work so hard at trying to sleep. I have found that I still get about seven or eight hours of sleep. The difference is that it is divided up into a series of naps.

November 12, 2024
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member

If you’re sleepy, you should sleep. When you get. Up you will still feel sleepy, but you can exercise your way right out if it. Parkinson’s will take whatever your it take. Don’t let. Get up, get out, and live your life.

November 6, 2024

Related Questions

View All
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member asked a question 💭
Florence, SC

A MyParkinsonsTeam Member asked a question 💭
Caerphilly, UK

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In