Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyParkinsonsTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.

This disorder is a trickster. It’s on, it’s off, I feel great, next like I’ve been hit by a truck. I have tried some newer meds. Side effects were horrible. Hallucinations, which nearly ruined my marriage. I do have good days and that’s what keeps me going., Also the thought that there are good people out there trying to help us. Thank you. I’ll be here when you’re ready for the next thing, because I am ready to move on. I’ve accepted. I’ve cooperated, been a good patient. It’s all I can do. One… read more

February 24, 2025
 · 
Reactions
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member

Hi Susan426 my wife Linda was diagnosed with PD 19 years ago and it has been quite a journey over the years. yes there are good and bad days for sure and we never know which one it will be when we wake up each morning. yes we also take it one day at a time and we do the best we can with each day . after all of these years I am very very lucky my wife still has things she wants to do each day and she tries very hard to do what she likes to do. she loves to play Scrabble , work on puzzles, and she still loves to bake and cook. I have become a not so bad cook and baker because when she does these things I do them with her to be sure she does not run into any problems in the kitchen. I think doing things together that she likes to do is good for both of us. in the past five years the PD has got worse for her so I am at it 24/7 six days a week , I got a great home health person to come in one day a week to give me a break she is great comes in from visiting angels. she has been with us for almost a year and she has become a good friend as well. as I am sure you know PD is a progressive thing but that does not mean you will not be able to live a life where you can still do things you want to do . one thing I found out is my neighbors are always asking if there is anything they can do to help out in some way. we have been blessed in this way to have good neighbors who understand. I think if you just keep moving along and remember it's one day at a time you will be fine. you will be in our prayers, 🙏 stay strong💪 and hang in there.

February 24, 2025
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member

Good morning! I can relate to all the responses. i have many, many really good days, then out of nowhere, I'll have a terrible night. PD does seem to have a sense of humor.

February 25, 2025
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member

Thank you Frank. We just need to remember when we’re having a bad day things won’t stay that way. Count only the good ones!

February 24, 2025
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member

Your experience is exactly what I am experiencing. I got diagnosed 4 years ago and thanks to a great Nuerologist, I have not regressed at all. I’ve experienced some good days but the bad ones are brutal and mostly with anxiety and depression. It’s important to verbalize as many of these feelings that you have to your spouse so they can fully understand what you are experiencing. Exercise is key even it’s a walk around the block. A good diet is also important…..
Keep fighting and all the best to you

February 24, 2025
MyParkinsonsTeam

Your experience with Parkinson's varying from day to day is something many others can relate to. As one MyParkinsonsTeam member wisely noted, Parkinson's is not a "one-size-fits-all" disease - everyone's journey is unique. The ups and downs you describe are a common part of living with PD, and it's completely normal to have Show Full Answer

Your experience with Parkinson's varying from day to day is something many others can relate to. As one MyParkinsonsTeam member wisely noted, Parkinson's is not a "one-size-fits-all" disease - everyone's journey is unique. The ups and downs you describe are a common part of living with PD, and it's completely normal to have good days followed by more challenging ones. Your approach of taking it one day at a time and maintaining hope while acknowledging the challenges is exactly right. Managing PD often requires trial and error, especially with medications. The fact that you've recognized which treatments don't work for you (like the ones causing hallucinations) is actually valuable information for your healthcare team to help find better options. Remember that staying active and engaged can help manage symptoms. Many find that keeping busy through various activities helps them maintain control over their condition rather than letting it control them. Your acceptance and readiness to move forward shows tremendous strength - that positive attitude can be one of your best tools in living well with PD.

February 24, 2025

Related Questions

View All
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member asked a question 💭
Round Rock, TX

A MyParkinsonsTeam Member asked a question 💭
Raleigh, NC

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In