I've been getting extremely sleepy lately(even when i sleep 6 or 7 hrs during the night). And I'm not sure if parkinson's has anything to do with it.
Stress is one of the major reason for fatigue. This was brought up at one of our Parkinson's meetings by a guest speaker. After research I have to totally agree.
At the meeting she explained in many ways we create additional stress to that which we have in daily life. We become overloaded and if we were a desktop computer we would turn off for an hour or two to cool down.
For us the answer is a midday nap! Not a lay down and read, or listen to music or make phone calls. A true darkening of the room, perhaps light elevator music and SLEEP! In the beginning at least one hour.
Something that still amazes me when I stopped using an alarm and let my body set the time needed. My rest and de-stressing became better and better. My body knew how long I needed sometimes 40 minutes and other times 2hrs and 30min. Letting the body take control provided much better results.
I hope this helps some of you with sleeping issues.
May today be better than yesterday if only by an inch and a Smile! ☺️
Thankyou very m7ch
My fatigue fluctuates but I’m bipolar as well. So I am up and down all night. But there are some days I suffer from apathy and nap all through out the day.
Yes, excessive daytime sleepiness (EDS) is very much connected to Parkinson's — so you're not imagining it! Even getting a full night's sleep doesn't always prevent that overwhelming daytime tiredness.
There are a few reasons this happens with Parkinson's:
- Brain chemistry changes — Parkinson's affects dopamine and Show Full Answer