Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyParkinsonsTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.

I can hardly walk in and my balance is off. The tirer I get the worst I get from. My wife is on me about Excercising. Are any of you able to free stand or do you have a chair to work with. Sitting or standing or laying on the floor.

3 days ago
 · 
Reactions
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member

Hi Allan Do you see what you have there I was the same when I got diagnosed if you
were asked to walk a few steps it was like walking a mile is that what you are like and are you on carberdopalevopda/Levopoda now I was on nothing at the time but I was put on that and I could walk no problem
I couldn't believe it get back to me hope this helps in some way get back for more if you want to ok
All the best
Therese Byrne ☘️ 🇮🇪

2 days ago
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member

Any exercise you do consistently is good.. Start very, very slow and work up.to longer. Try to do something you like

3 days ago
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member

@ThereseByrnes, My legs would rather go backward than forward, but I have too much pain in my right side to move much at all. My GI doctor has me on antibiotics right now. If that doesn't work, he said that the next conversation will be about my gallbladder.

4 hours ago
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member

@A MyParkinsonsTeam Member, @A MyParkinsonsTeam Member had a triple bypass bypass in 2002 when he was 48. Exercise is part of the recovery process.

4 hours ago
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member

Hi Alan
I have another trick for you can you walk a small bit even? Right !!! If you can stand up now make sure you have your balance and have someone with you now stand straight and walk backwards and I bet you can walk no problem but make sure when you are doing this there is someone with you because you could fall.
Now Alan do you know you can run I know you might laugh because I did and believe it or not I ran and I am Walking and Running
since believe you me
Hope this helps get back to me and let me know how you get on I am sure the group will be very interested aswell
The main thing you have to have someone with you even if you attempt it do it not do it on your own you heard it here first I can't stress that enough Best of Luck Alan
All the best
Therese Byrne 🇮🇪 ☘️

13 hours ago

Related Questions

View All
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member asked a question 💭
Cherry Hill, NJ

A MyParkinsonsTeam Member asked a question 💭
Albuquerque, NM

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In