Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyParkinsonsTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.

This is a portion of the article on this topic. You can find the entire article on The Parkinson’s Team website
Parkinson's disease psychosis (PDP) most commonly involves hallucinations and delusions. It usually happens in older people with Parkinson’s or those who have been on a higher dosage of medication
An important step in treating psychosis in Parkinson’s may include cutting out or decreasing certain medications. If symptoms don’t improve, antipsychotic medications may be added.
… read more

October 2, 2023
 · 
Be the first to react
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member

bkhartis, I'm so sorry your family is going through this but I'm very happy and proud of you for seeking help. I pray you see improvement but it may take a bit if time to find the right med, dose and timing so try to be patient knowing answers may be coming.
Please keep us posted on your journey.
Maria

October 14, 2023
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member

Lukas 53. I have read this article. We are starting therapy next week for him in hopes he can develop some coping skills since drugs aren’t an option. The hallucinations and almost paranoia are really bothering him. 😔😔

October 14, 2023
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member

Always good to hear from my dear sister, My problems are only at night while I wake up. I will keep y'all in contact on update from neurologist. Hugs sweety 🤗🤗 God bless you day

October 2, 2023
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member

As always Martin, thank you for sharing your thoughts and blessings. Please keep us posted on what you learn from your neurologist. I found improving REM sleep has stopped the delusions during the night for me.
At this time, this is not a problem for me during the day.
Maria

October 2, 2023
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member

Howdy Maria
Great to hear from you and you started to touch on Parkinson Psychosis Antipsychotics life expectancy. I had just started to learn about this change in a person's life. I need to talk to my neurologist because I am staring to have a lot of hullucintions, even if mild they are still a newto stages. I think all of our brothers are sisters with PD should understand this part of our world. I send you hugs 🤗🫂🤗 to let you know I care and would do what ever I could to help y'all. May our God give each and everyone strength to get through this monster 💀. Have a blessed week.

October 2, 2023

Related Questions

View All
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member asked a question 💭
Wichita, KS

A MyParkinsonsTeam Member asked a question 💭
Lilburn, GA

A MyParkinsonsTeam Member asked a question 💭
Wales, UK

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In