I have a stone that my massage therapist gave me and I heat it in water and massage my leg with it and some comfort oil from Purehaven. Also…. I take Advil and I’m on Amantadine and a magnesium supplement
July 8, 2024
Yes, muscle spasms in the legs are a common issue for people with Parkinson's disease. Here are some suggestions for relief based on the context provided:
- Physical Therapy: Engaging in physical therapy can help manage pain and muscle spasms. A physical therapist may recommend specific stretches and exercises
- At-Home Show Full Answer
Yes, muscle spasms in the legs are a common issue for people with Parkinson's disease. Here are some suggestions for relief based on the context provided:
- Physical Therapy: Engaging in physical therapy can help manage pain and muscle spasms. A physical therapist may recommend specific stretches and exercises.
- At-Home Therapies: Applying heat or cold packs can provide relief. One member shared that using ice packs at bedtime helped numb their legs and allowed them to sleep.
- Exercise: Regular exercise, including stretching, aerobic activity, and strength training, can help manage stiffness and muscle spasms.
- Medications: Some members have found relief with medications like amantadine (Gocovri).
Always consult with a healthcare provider before starting any new treatment or therapy.
July 8, 2024