"When I swallow I get an extreme pain in the back of the throat that radiates from my ears to the back of my head." -A member on MyParkinsonsTeam
On MyParkinsonsTeam, the social network and online support group for those living with Parkinson's disease, members talk about a range of personal experiences and struggles. Difficulty swallowing is one of the top 10 topics most discussed.
Here are some conversations about difficulty swallowing:
• I'm losing weight too fast. Any food I do have is usually mashed up like baby food, it doesn't look very appetizing, as I have trouble swallowing now.
• I was able to eat today (some days struggle to swallow food) so tonight feeling rather stuffed!
• My husband had a swallow test which he flunked. Any suggestions to make food more appetizing?
Here are some question and answer threads about difficulty swallowing:
• Does anyone know of treatments for dysphagia (swallowing) disorders?
• I have lost a lot of weight in the last month. I am having problems swallowing at times and feel full fast so am not eating as much as I should. Has anyone else noticed a large weight drop?
• Does anyone else have problems with swallowing saliva?
Can you relate?
Have another topic you'd like to discuss or explore? Go to MyParkinsonsTeam today and start the conversation. You'll be surprised just how many others may share similar stories.
Feel free to ask a question here.