Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyParkinsonsTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member asked a question 💭
Encinitas, CA

My friend who lives with me, completely changed the day after his second DBS. He became tearful, crying at times. Broke up w his girl friend , me, and just isn’t the happy, outgoing personality he was before surgery. We still live together as friends. He just doesn’t laugh and isn’t as active as before. Also sometimes his eyes close and it takes a few moments to open them.

September 24, 2017
 · 
Reactions
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member

I'm sending you a big hug and lots of encouragement! So many wonderful new therapies to try and even though I do not have the disease, I am grateful. You will be great! Maybe try selling your jewelry online so we all can enjoy and support your new business.

October 1, 2017
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member

I used to have awful dreams and wid hallucinations ....I droped one med and added another and I have not had any n=more of that.

September 25, 2017
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member

Better check with doctor. Depression is common with PD however never heard to worsen due to DBS. Definitely a discussion with neurosurgeon is warranted.

September 24, 2017
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member

I cry a lot. I want my old life back. I get very aggravated when I can;t do something simple. A couple of years ago I started making jewelry kinda like for occupational therapy. And it sold. We have a room off of our garage that had a pool table we never used. So, I took the big step. Carolyns Creations will be opening Oct 11th. It;s a gift shop with unigue items. So say a prayer and wish me luck. Staring at 4 walls all day wasn't helping. I still cry but not as much. I hope when I open the crying will stop. I have had no help with it., 'm on my own. I have had to hire th neighbors kid t
to lift big stuff when I can find him. So here goes. and hopefully this flood of tears with it

September 28, 2017
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member

There r side effects or can be to DBS. I know because I experienced some of the same symptoms but I am glad I had DBS.

September 26, 2017

Related Questions

View All
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member asked a question 💭
Encinitas, CA

A MyParkinsonsTeam Member asked a question 💭
Fort Mill, SC

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In